Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A #lindseatsrichmond Update.


I'd love to tell you something more interesting than "I'm just waiting," but the truth is, I'm just waiting.  The good folks at Tourism Richmond have a whopping 1,500 applications to review, so it's likely they won't have their shortlist until mid-late April, and that's entirely understandable.  For now I'll continue to (obsessively) check their site daily, say another heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who provided photos and support to #lindseatsrichmond, and promise an update as soon as I can!

In the meantime, I'd like to respectfully insist you see Jiro Dreams of Sushi, a documentary about the world's first sushi chef to receive 3 Michelin stars.  I'll never be as poetic with words as this film is with images, so I'll give you the inarticulate version of my review:  it was so freakin' good I wanted to clap during the credits, immediately book a flight to Tokyo so I can try Jiro's food for myself, and seek out the film's director, David Gelb, on whom I've developed a mad intellectual crush and want to kiss.  He's only 28 years-old, though his age is less impressive when compared to Jiro, who's 85 and has been working since the age of 9.  Either way, both men are wonders.  It's an exceptional and inspiring work of art, and I sincerely hope you get the chance to see it.

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay. Lesley and I went to see Jiro Dreams of Sushi this weekend and loved it! The scene where the guy talked about making the perfect fried egg? So good!

    ReplyDelete